I think because I'm required to write, I write less. I need to get over my inner rebellion to not want to do things that are required of me. I'm referring to papers and personal statements as the current writing requirements looming over me.
This past weekend, the fourth of July holiday weekend, was a blissful three day weekend devoid of real responsibilities. I slept 8-9 hours every night (went to bed at 9 to 9:30 PM for the past two nights), ate delicious food with friends, and tried to get my out-of-shape friend to bike 22 miles with me. We made it 10 miles, which was an accomplishment given that it was over 90 degrees outside and even I was starting to feel nauseated from the heat.
I have a hard time reconciling the fact that I've been feeling super tired all weekend, despite sleeping adequate amounts. Is it the first symptoms of COVID-19? Is it the cumulative stress of waking up at 5 AM during the week? Is it the fact that I ran out of coffee and am drinking tea? Is it the fact that I've spend about four hours cooking, six hours attending online study sessions, and another four hours viewing online messages this weekend? Is it adrenal insufficiency?
Likely, a combination of all the above, crossing my fingers that it's not COVID-19 or adrenal insufficiency. Honestly, it's probably 90% related to the fact that I ran out of coffee. Caffeine addiction runs in my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment