Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The end and the beginning

This was a whirlwind weekend. A wedding of a dear friend from medical school, my bridal shower, and seeing the house where I will spend the next four years for the first time. I am graduating from medical school and getting married and getting a permanent roommate - one is a human and the other is a cat. They already live together, so now I will get joint cat custody. 

I was thinking today about what speaking I want on my wedding day. In some sense, I really love how John chapter 2 makes me think about the fallibility of human life and enjoyment - the wine running out at the wedding feast - but how the Lord Jesus turns death waters into resurrection life - the new wine that is better than the old. I also love 1 Corinthians chapter 13. Love is patient, love is kind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment