I knew my life in medical school was going to be interesting when on the second day of school, I accidentally locked myself in the bathroom of my apartment.
I've had some misadventures since arriving. I shattered a pyrex dish in my kitchen, almost maiming my roommate. I dropped two of the three slides of my gram stain into the sink of my microbiology lab, in addition to getting in trouble for throwing my gloves away in the wrong wastebasket. I went to a bar, drank water, and told someone that I go to church for fun.
Adulthood hasn't been all that bad though. I bought a car this week. It's pretty unbelievable. So far, I've used it to go to the grocery store, go to prayer meeting, and meet up with friends to go running.
What has been hard is that the one month homesickness mark has settled in - I'm here. This is my life, for better or for worse. I'm no longer a California resident, with the driver's license, car registration, and billing address to prove it.
Certain verses sustain me more than others when I'm tired - after four hours of lecture and lab - four more hours in the library and more studying to do at home.
Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me all who toil and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
God is faithful. To what is He faithful? He is faithful to what He has spoken in His Word. If I'm toiling and burdened, it's because I'm not coming to the Lord. I'm thankful to know where to go to find real rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment