I took a respite from learning about leukemia and read through some of the entries on this little blog that I've completely neglected this past semester.
It's been a place where I posted about my struggles, which needs a place and a time to be released. This semester, I haven't been writing on the blog because I went back to handwriting random entries in my journal - a random mix of prayers, frustrations, hopes, and happiness.
I was just reminded that I need to be thankful. I was studying at home when a dear neighbor, a student, and a baby came by to visit and we briefly spoke about my studying. I complained - being frustrated at the end of the day with my lack of focus and low enthusiasm for memorizing what seems to be like archaic details about leukemia and lymphomas. We also spoke about a mutual friend who had been battling leukemia.
I went back to my studying sobered. I am so thankful I can learn about leukemia and not have the disease. Thank you so much, Lord, for my good health and strong mind and spirit of power.
These diseases that I'm learning about are horrible. I would never ever want to have these illnesses or take these medications, but I am going to see people who struggle with these conditions every day of their life.
Lord, may all my studying not be in vain. May it be for Your Body, Your Bride, and the hastening of Your kingdom. I study so I can feed others - I need to be filled with medical knowledge while I can to be able to dispense it later at the opportune time.
No comments:
Post a Comment