Thursday, April 4, 2019

I'd rather be stupid than be mean

Honestly, I'd rather be neither. I'd rather be nice and smart. But if making mistakes and feeling embarrassed by my lack of knowledge, communication skills, and ability to do well on an oral exam keeps me humble, so be it. Complacency is the enemy of good medicine. I always see the need to improve. I always see the need to work hard and continue to learn and study.

I wish I didn't do so poorly today - but that is the way it went. Ah well. Thank you Jesus. I am who I am - until I am not. Right now, I'm not someone who communicates efficiently and effectively. That is my goal this year - to improve with communicating my thought process and ask good, thoughtful questions to illicit good patient histories.

I am "all over the place." I think about too many things at once. I can do well on multiple choice tests because my mind moves quickly, but it makes me a poor teacher and communicator. I rule out things that are "obvious" and fail to explain why I'm not considering those possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment